Obama and Change We Need

on Wednesday, October 29, 2008



I always wonder why the cares of this life weigh heavily on me. “Why do I care so much” I ask myself. “What is it to me in the grand scheme of things?” Why am I so passionate about things that others seem to let slide? Is something wrong with me?

I don’t know, but what I do know is someone has to care. If Martin Luther King Jr. didn’t care about the state of the Black man as well as that of his counterpart then we would not enjoy the freedom as a race of people we have. If Mother Theresa hadn’t cared about the orphans and those less fortunate than we are, then the world would be a much more callused place to live in. If Al Gore didn’t care so much about our earth we wouldn’t have watch dogs for climate control that have caught the attention of the whole world.

Every major change and movement that we have experienced in the earth is because of someone caring passionately about an issue. There are so many great names with so many great feats that it would take volumes of books to list them in. Every major change has been for the greater good.

Let me make something perfectly clear. I am not talking about changes that have come about because of greed, avarice and a propensity to carry out a selfish agenda. I am talking about Change that unites us for good and prosperity for all. I am talking about Change that gives us an even playing field to carry out our God given potential and purpose. Change that forces us to evaluate ourselves and come to the conclusion that yes we can be better people. Change that allows us to love our neighbor as we love ourselves as the Bible says.

We don’t live in a vacuum as much as we would like to think that we do. Everything we do and say affects someone else. What kind of Change agent are you.


www.candacehouse.com

© Candace House 2007, All Rights reserved.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on anything I have posted. I would appreciate your feedback. Shalom, Candace